Is there going to be a Continuing Promise 09? That is what USNI Blog asked Rear Adm. Joseph Kernan, commander of U.S. Naval Forces Southern Command and U.S. 4th Fleet told USNI blog during a recent DOD Bloggers Roundtable,
Yeah, there’s going to be Continuing Promise indefinitely, I mean, part of the thing I’m going to try to do is institutionalize our presence in the region, you know, it doesn’t do much good to go and do some great humanitarian stuff in my mind. It doesn’t in a tactical sense, i.e., right there that day, but enduring peace is real important to me and I think the Navy is going to support us on that, whether it be Comfort or whether it be a Kearsarge. We’re going to continue every year, we’re going to continue to do an exercise like a Continuing Promise, and also every asset that goes into the region or the theater is going to do Continuing Promise-like activities, you know, whether it’s humanitarian, whether it’s a construction project or things of that nature.
I can’t think of a better way to win so many hearts and minds in SOUTHCOM’s AOR. Go Medical Diplomacy!
- Midrats this Sunday, May 17 2013 – Episode 167: Intellectual Integrity, PME, and NWC
- Remembering our Fallen Coast Guard Shipmates and their Families
- On Midrats 10 Mar 13, Episode 166: “Expeditionary Fleet Balance”
- Guest Post by LTJG Matthew Hipple: From Epipolae to Cyber War
- For Strength and Courage: Neptunus Lex