Tags: Christmas, Navy
Sea and sky provide the canvas on which man brushes light. For most of the year, what is produced is secondary to the task at hand – but as the Christmas season approaches the imperative turns more and more to the artistic. So, just as the average homeowner across the country adds festive lights to their homestead, the crews of ships in port, be it at home or overseas, also turn to and apply their creative talents, often with dazzling results. And yet, in other areas of the globe the chance to rest, relax and celebrate the season must perforce, be grasped in brief snatches and stolen moments because of the tasks at hand. For a globally deployed and operating force whose mission is at sea cannot swing at anchor in safe harbor all the time and remain an effective force. So as you enjoy the sights and sounds of the season, pause, reflect and give thanks for our Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen who are at sea this holiday, doing our nation’s bidding.
- On Midrats 23 November 14: “Episode 255: Commanding the Seas -the Surface Force with Bryan Clark from CSBA”
- A Magical Metrical Mystery Tour of Ineffective U.S. Drug Policy
- On Midrats 16 November 14, “Episode 254: John A. Nagl: 13 Years into the War”
- Gabe’s Gambit: Celebrating the Marine Corps Birthday and Reflecting on Talent Management
- On Midrats 9 November 14 Episode 253: “The Fleet we Have, Want, and Need” – with Jerry Hendrix