Sea and sky provide the canvas on which man brushes light. For most of the year, what is produced is secondary to the task at hand – but as the Christmas season approaches the imperative turns more and more to the artistic. So, just as the average homeowner across the country adds festive lights to their homestead, the crews of ships in port, be it at home or overseas, also turn to and apply their creative talents, often with dazzling results. And yet, in other areas of the globe the chance to rest, relax and celebrate the season must perforce, be grasped in brief snatches and stolen moments because of the tasks at hand. For a globally deployed and operating force whose mission is at sea cannot swing at anchor in safe harbor all the time and remain an effective force. So as you enjoy the sights and sounds of the season, pause, reflect and give thanks for our Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen who are at sea this holiday, doing our nation’s bidding.
- Midrats this Sunday, May 17 2013 – Episode 167: Intellectual Integrity, PME, and NWC
- Remembering our Fallen Coast Guard Shipmates and their Families
- On Midrats 10 Mar 13, Episode 166: “Expeditionary Fleet Balance”
- Guest Post by LTJG Matthew Hipple: From Epipolae to Cyber War
- For Strength and Courage: Neptunus Lex