No shocker, but still makes you go, hmmmmm.
“Aircraft carriers are a symbol of a country’s overall national strength as well as the competitiveness of the country’s naval force,” Chinese Ministry of National Defence spokesman Senior Colonel Huang Xueping told reporters.
“China has a large sea territory. It is the sacred responsibility of our armed forces to protect our sea territory and to maintain our maritime sovereignty and rights and interests. China, taking into account all relevant factors, will earnestly research and consider (building aircraft carriers).”
- These Are the Drones You are Looking For…
- The Wheels of Lawfare: Grinding Slow but Fine?
- Capstone Essay – Blue Waters for a Red State: Aircraft Carrier Operations and the People’s Liberation Army Navy
- DoD: Flawed by Design, Dysfunctional in Practice
- … but can you sling one under a F-18 about to shoot off a CVN?