Dr. Jim Carafano, one of the best minds inside the beltway, has compiled his list of National Security Resolutions for 2009:
- Finish the Job in Iraq.
- Finish the Long War.
- Don’t Mess with Homeland Security.
- Build Missile Defenses.
- Do Something about Space.
- Worry about Iran.
- Build Better Border Security.
- Get Smart on Cybersecurity.
- Stop Doing Stupid Security.
- Don’t Let the Military Go Hollow.
Greater detail on each resolution can be obtained here. What do you think of Dr. Carafano’s resolutions? What would you add or subtract or even amend?
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN
- Five Enduring Lessons from Arabian Gulf Patrol Craft Operations
- Solution to the Russian Mistral’s Conundrum: NATO Flagships
- Expanding the Naval Canon: Fernando de Oliveira and the 1st Treatise on Maritime Strategy