A neat story if you are interested in ships that have a connection to the State of Wisconsin. I sure wish the US Navy reverted back to the way they used to name ships….
Malavika Jaganathan of the Green Bay Press Gazette writes,
The USS Green Bay â€” commissioned by the Navy in Long Beach, Calif., on Saturday â€” is the latest in a long list of ships to bear the names of Wisconsin cities, counties and tribes.
Full article andÂ a list of ships that have had ties to the state of WisconsinÂ can be found here.
- March 9 Midrats Episode 218: Abolishing of the USAF, with Robert M. Farley
- DEF[x] Annapolis: Encourage the Innovators
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)
- Engineering and the Humanities: The View from Patnaâ€™s Bridge…
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #47: British Dockyard Models