A neat story if you are interested in ships that have a connection to the State of Wisconsin. I sure wish the US Navy reverted back to the way they used to name ships….
Malavika Jaganathan of the Green Bay Press Gazette writes,
The USS Green Bay â€” commissioned by the Navy in Long Beach, Calif., on Saturday â€” is the latest in a long list of ships to bear the names of Wisconsin cities, counties and tribes.
Full article andÂ a list of ships that have had ties to the state of WisconsinÂ can be found here.
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 3: Viper and the Pitfalls of â€˜Good Enoughâ€™
- Midrats 21 Sept 14 – Episode 246: “When the short snappy war goes long, with Chris Dougherty”
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 2: Are All Nuggets Created Equal?
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN