From the January 2009 issue of Naval Institute Proceedings Advice for the SecDef (or, What You Won’t Hear at a Brookings Seminar) by Harvey M. Sapolsky. Any article that offers up “What DOD needs is a management-fad timeout.” and points to TQM or Lean Six Sigma (and most of us could name many others) is worth a read, but there is much more to the article.
In fact, the entire issue is pretty good. And I am not a paid shill.
- DEF[x] Annapolis: Encourage the Innovators
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)
- Engineering and the Humanities: The View from Patna’s Bridge…
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #47: British Dockyard Models
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #46: WWII Japanese Radio Headset