From the January 2009 issue of Naval Institute Proceedings Advice for the SecDef (or, What You Won’t Hear at a Brookings Seminar) by Harvey M. Sapolsky. Any article that offers up “What DOD needs is a management-fad timeout.” and points to TQM or Lean Six Sigma (and most of us could name many others) is worth a read, but there is much more to the article.
In fact, the entire issue is pretty good. And I am not a paid shill.
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 3: Viper and the Pitfalls of ‘Good Enough’
- Midrats 21 Sept 14 – Episode 246: “When the short snappy war goes long, with Chris Dougherty”
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 2: Are All Nuggets Created Equal?
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN