….and the follow on reports just get plain weird.
A French submarine was unaware that it had rammed and damaged a British nuclear sub in a mid-Atlantic collision until it was informed by the Royal Navy.
The French Navy claimed this month that Le Triomphantâ€™s bow sonar dome was probably damaged in a collision with a submerged shipping container while returning from patrol.
It discovered that it had hit a British submarine only after one of their regular exchanges of information with the Royal Navy.
Awwww — come on. Someone being a cheeky
- Sea Control 25 – Crimean Crisis
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #49: Japanese Bomb Arming Vane
- March 9 Midrats Episode 218: Abolishing of the USAF, with Robert M. Farley
- DEF[x] Annapolis: Encourage the Innovators
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)