In a recent DOD Bloggers Roundtable, I asked ADM. Timothy J. Keating, USN, Commander, U.S. Pacific Command the following question:
ADM. KEATING: We’re good friends. (Chuckles.) You’ll know better than most, Jim, with the Coast Guard being in Department of Homeland Security; and we, as a Department of Defense organization, have, I would say, different bosses but common goals.
… We have a Coast Guard one-star who works in our headquarters as the head of our Joint Integrated Task Force. We are — cooperate extensively with the Coast Guard. We share intelligence, we share information, we share operations and we capitalize on the remarkable capability and capacity of the Coast Guard in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Assessing the Fleet: The 2014 Navy Retention Study
- Another Look: Michael Murphy and 9/11 ‘SEAL of Honor’
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”