In a recent DOD Bloggers Roundtable, I asked ADM. Timothy J. Keating, USN, Commander, U.S. Pacific Command the following question:
ADM. KEATING: We’re good friends. (Chuckles.) You’ll know better than most, Jim, with the Coast Guard being in Department of Homeland Security; and we, as a Department of Defense organization, have, I would say, different bosses but common goals.
… We have a Coast Guard one-star who works in our headquarters as the head of our Joint Integrated Task Force. We are — cooperate extensively with the Coast Guard. We share intelligence, we share information, we share operations and we capitalize on the remarkable capability and capacity of the Coast Guard in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Sea Control 30 – Australian Submarines
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #54: Shell Fragment from the USS Massachusetts (BB-59)
- Midrats 13 April 14 Episode 223: 12 Carriers and 3 Hubs with Bryan McGrath
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #53: Handmade Seabee Photo Album From Guadalcanal
- USCG Air Station Kodiak’s Arctic Domain Awareness Mission Scientific Support Operations: A Vital Step Toward Arctic Understanding