In a recent DOD Bloggers Roundtable, I asked ADM. Timothy J. Keating, USN, Commander, U.S. Pacific Command the following question:
ADM. KEATING: We’re good friends. (Chuckles.) You’ll know better than most, Jim, with the Coast Guard being in Department of Homeland Security; and we, as a Department of Defense organization, have, I would say, different bosses but common goals.
… We have a Coast Guard one-star who works in our headquarters as the head of our Joint Integrated Task Force. We are — cooperate extensively with the Coast Guard. We share intelligence, we share information, we share operations and we capitalize on the remarkable capability and capacity of the Coast Guard in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The Independent Review of the Nuclear Enterprise
- On Midrats 23 November 14: “Episode 255: Commanding the Seas -the Surface Force with Bryan Clark from CSBA”
- A Magical Metrical Mystery Tour of Ineffective U.S. Drug Policy
- On Midrats 16 November 14, “Episode 254: John A. Nagl: 13 Years into the War”
- Gabe’s Gambit: Celebrating the Marine Corps Birthday and Reflecting on Talent Management