In a recent DOD Bloggers Roundtable, I asked ADM. Timothy J. Keating, USN, Commander, U.S. Pacific Command the following question:
ADM. KEATING: We’re good friends. (Chuckles.) You’ll know better than most, Jim, with the Coast Guard being in Department of Homeland Security; and we, as a Department of Defense organization, have, I would say, different bosses but common goals.
… We have a Coast Guard one-star who works in our headquarters as the head of our Joint Integrated Task Force. We are — cooperate extensively with the Coast Guard. We share intelligence, we share information, we share operations and we capitalize on the remarkable capability and capacity of the Coast Guard in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Sea Control 25 – Crimean Crisis
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #49: Japanese Bomb Arming Vane
- March 9 Midrats Episode 218: Abolishing of the USAF, with Robert M. Farley
- DEF[x] Annapolis: Encourage the Innovators
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)