Tags: AEW, E-2D, Integrated Air and Missile Defense
The final deliveries of supplies and materials for the venerable E-2C Hawkeye will take place this year, thirty-six years after the baseline model reached IOC and seventeen years after the Group IIâ€™s IOC. The replacement, the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye is a major advance in capabilities available to maritime forces that is unmatched anywhere by any other platform. The deveopment process has been successful with the 125th flight milestone being passed last summer, approval for LRIP with 3 a/c ion 2008 and 2009, on track for Milestone C this spring and IOC in 2011.
So what’s the problem? They’re at it again…
- March 9 Midrats Episode 218: Abolishing of the USAF, with Robert M. Farley
- DEF[x] Annapolis: Encourage the Innovators
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)
- Engineering and the Humanities: The View from Patnaâ€™s Bridge…
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #47: British Dockyard Models