Didn’t you all tell Navy Times the ship would be done by now?
“Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding says the Navyâ€™s newest aircraft carrier will be completed by mid-March, about two months after its commissioning.”
So what’s up? Builder’s trials were completed Feb 16, and we still don’t have a delivery trial yet?
Just to compare, the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) completed builders sea trials on May 8, 2003 and began acceptance sea trials 19 days later, on May 27, 2003. And USS Harry Truman (CVN-75) completed her builders sea trials on June 11, 1998 and finished acceptance sea trials days later, on the June 25, 1998.
Here we are, day 37….
If the Navy is demanding Northrop Grumman deliver…a complete ship, then, well, Bravo.
- Rebuttal To â€śAdvocating Naval Heresyâ€ť by Captain R. B. Watts, USCG (Retired) USNI PROCEEDINGS, June 2015
- The Perilous Price of Peace
- On Midrats 4 Oct 2015 – Episode 300: USS Neosho (AO-23),USS Sims (DD-409) and the Battle of the Coral Sea
- Should innovative organizations have an expiration date?
- Supported vs. Supporting and the Compromise of D1 Football