Didn’t you all tell Navy Times the ship would be done by now?
“Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding says the Navyâ€™s newest aircraft carrier will be completed by mid-March, about two months after its commissioning.”
So what’s up? Builder’s trials were completed Feb 16, and we still don’t have a delivery trial yet?
Just to compare, the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) completed builders sea trials on May 8, 2003 and began acceptance sea trials 19 days later, on May 27, 2003. And USS Harry Truman (CVN-75) completed her builders sea trials on June 11, 1998 and finished acceptance sea trials days later, on the June 25, 1998.
Here we are, day 37….
If the Navy is demanding Northrop Grumman deliver…a complete ship, then, well, Bravo.
- Assessing the Fleet: The 2014 Navy Retention Study
- Another Look: Michael Murphy and 9/11 ‘SEAL of Honor’
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”