Didn’t you all tell Navy Times the ship would be done by now?
“Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding says the Navyâ€™s newest aircraft carrier will be completed by mid-March, about two months after its commissioning.”
So what’s up? Builder’s trials were completed Feb 16, and we still don’t have a delivery trial yet?
Just to compare, the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) completed builders sea trials on May 8, 2003 and began acceptance sea trials 19 days later, on May 27, 2003. And USS Harry Truman (CVN-75) completed her builders sea trials on June 11, 1998 and finished acceptance sea trials days later, on the June 25, 1998.
Here we are, day 37….
If the Navy is demanding Northrop Grumman deliver…a complete ship, then, well, Bravo.
- On Midrats 29 March 15 – Episode 273: Partnership, Influence, Presence and the role of the MSC
- The Pen and the Sword: An Interview with Professor Timothy Demy on Reading Fiction and Studying War
- On Midrats 22 March 2015 – Episode 272: Naval Professionalism; up, down, and back again – with Will Beasley
- Missile Defense and Budget Issues
- On Midrats 3/15/15 – Episode 271: “Red Flag and the Development USAF Fighter “