I wasn’t aware¬†of Japanese I-400 boats until I received an email a couple days ago with this article, which is available from numerous sources online.¬† I found it coincidental to have read about this not long after¬†Galrahn‚Äôs Risk Averse Political Policy Requires High End Focus¬†led to a good bit of discussion¬†on defending submarines from air threats.
Airfield Under The Sea is an interesting read for anyone (like me) who did¬†not¬†know¬†the Japanese had actually put submarines to sea carrying aircraft.
Most of the photos and graphics are self-explanatory, but I wish there was a caption giving the date and location of the photograph of a surviving M6A1 Seiron on page 2.
- Midrats this Sunday, May 17 2013 – Episode 167: Intellectual Integrity, PME, and NWC
- Remembering our Fallen Coast Guard Shipmates and their Families
- On Midrats 10 Mar 13, Episode 166: “Expeditionary Fleet Balance”
- Guest Post by LTJG Matthew Hipple: From Epipolae to Cyber War
- For Strength and Courage: Neptunus Lex