I discuss the Coast Guard’s ongoing role in contributing to the broader efforts to halt piracy over on iCommandant:
Piracy has been rightfully called an insult to civilization. The recent pirate attacks on the motor vessels MAERSK ALABAMA and LIBERTY SUN focused the attention of the American public on what has been an increasingly significant international issue. It is important that the American public and the international community know that the U.S. Government is working hard to find an enduring international solution to this international problem. Read More
Additional information on combating piracy:
Coast Guard’s history combating piracy — Fighting pirates since 1793
The Coast Guard’s role in international piracy incidents
The DOG’s perspective. — Interview with RDML Tom Atkin by PA1 Adam Eggers
We will keep you posted…
- These Are the Drones You are Looking For…
- The Wheels of Lawfare: Grinding Slow but Fine?
- Capstone Essay – Blue Waters for a Red State: Aircraft Carrier Operations and the People’s Liberation Army Navy
- DoD: Flawed by Design, Dysfunctional in Practice
- … but can you sling one under a F-18 about to shoot off a CVN?