Earlier this week, the hospital ship Comfort wrapped up its visit to Haiti, the first stop of the seven-nation Continuing Promise 2009 deployment. Continuing Promise 2009 is a four-month humanitarian and civic assistance mission to Latin America and the Caribbean.
Here are some Haiti CP09 medical numbers:
Patients treated: 6,731
Patient encounters: 30,586
Surgeries conducted: 161
Animals treated: 2,354
Prescriptions filled: 15,504
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 3: Viper and the Pitfalls of ‘Good Enough’
- Midrats 21 Sept 14 – Episode 246: “When the short snappy war goes long, with Chris Dougherty”
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 2: Are All Nuggets Created Equal?
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN