Tags: sea stories, TINS
From the ancient of days, seafarers have been legendary for the yarns they spun and the percentage of truth found within. The Navy blogsphere is no less a venue for the same, though one may find the tale beginning with “This is no s…” Here, however, one finds compilations – from life on a CV to observations that spanned a career. Ever wonder about snakes in the cockpit and landing an F/A-18 single engine – on the ship? How about North Atlantic Ops in the Bear’s lair during the Cold War? Or just laying it on the line? And we’ve become familiar with a Date with Destiny here in these very pages. Now, while there is a distinct brown-shoe flavor to the majority of the above (some say its because we excell at swindling and trading horses – practiced regularly on the flightdeck and ready room…) point is, there’s some great tales out there worth a lunch break or two to kick back and spend a few in another world, another time without cluttering the nightstand. Any other recommendations out there?
- On Midrats 21 Dec 14 – Episode 259: The Islamic State – rise and world view, with Craig Whiteside
- On Midrats 14 Dec 14 – Episode 258: COIN, Cyber, and Lawfare: the continuity of war in to 2015
- On Midrats 7 Dec 14, Episode 257: “Clausewitz – now more than ever, with Donald Stoker”
- And so, our Navy finds its Memory Hole
- To Defeat ISIS, Hawkeyes Required