On 12 May 2009, USNS COMFORT surpassed 100,000 patient encounters for this mission while winning the hearts and minds of more¬†people from the two-island nation of Antigua & Barbuda.
During the COMFORT’s visit to Antigua & Barbuda which commenced on 5 May 2009, COMFORT had performed¬†7078 patient encounters to include 1440 dental patients,¬†2489 optometry visits,¬†and 80 surgeries.¬† Moreover, on 12 May, COMFORT personnel went to Barbuda and treated 500 patients on an island with a population of just 1500.¬†¬†
Off to¬†visit the Seabees tomorrow¬†morning followed by an afternoon¬†attending events marking Nurses¬†Week!
BZ to all involved!
- Midrats this Sunday, May 17 2013 – Episode 167: Intellectual Integrity, PME, and NWC
- Remembering our Fallen Coast Guard Shipmates and their Families
- On Midrats 10 Mar 13, Episode 166: “Expeditionary Fleet Balance”
- Guest Post by LTJG Matthew Hipple: From Epipolae to Cyber War
- For Strength and Courage: Neptunus Lex