Tags: CP 09
By Jim Dolbow
On 12 May 2009, USNS COMFORT surpassed 100,000 patient encounters for this mission while winning the hearts and minds of moreÂ people from the two-island nation of Antigua & Barbuda.
During the COMFORT’s visit to Antigua & Barbuda which commenced on 5 May 2009, COMFORT had performedÂ 7078 patient encounters to include 1440 dental patients,Â 2489 optometry visits,Â and 80 surgeries. Moreover, on 12 May, COMFORT personnel went to Barbuda and treated 500 patients on an island with a population of just 1500.
Off toÂ visit the Seabees tomorrowÂ morning followed by an afternoonÂ attending events marking NursesÂ Week!
BZ to all involved!
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 3: Viper and the Pitfalls of â€˜Good Enoughâ€™
- Midrats 21 Sept 14 – Episode 246: “When the short snappy war goes long, with Chris Dougherty”
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 2: Are All Nuggets Created Equal?
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN