Tags: CP 09
By Jim Dolbow
On 12 May 2009, USNS COMFORT surpassed 100,000 patient encounters for this mission while winning the hearts and minds of more¬†people from the two-island nation of Antigua & Barbuda.
During the COMFORT’s visit to Antigua & Barbuda which commenced on 5 May 2009, COMFORT had performed¬†7078 patient encounters to include 1440 dental patients,¬†2489 optometry visits,¬†and 80 surgeries. Moreover, on 12 May, COMFORT personnel went to Barbuda and treated 500 patients on an island with a population of just 1500.
Off to¬†visit the Seabees tomorrow¬†morning followed by an afternoon¬†attending events marking Nurses¬†Week!
BZ to all involved!
- The Lost Intellectual Capital of a STEM Dominated Navy
- Join Us for Midrats 26 Oct 14 at a Special Time for Episode 251, “DEF2014 wrapup, and the budding question of veteran entitlement”, starting at 6:30pm EST
- No Boots on the Ground, No Victory
- Join Us for the Midrats’ 250th! 19 October 14 at 5pm (EDT)
- Sea Control Podcast 56 ‚Äď Forgotten Naval Strategists