Tags: CP 09
By Jim Dolbow
On 12 May 2009, USNS COMFORT surpassed 100,000 patient encounters for this mission while winning the hearts and minds of more¬†people from the two-island nation of Antigua & Barbuda.
During the COMFORT’s visit to Antigua & Barbuda which commenced on 5 May 2009, COMFORT had performed¬†7078 patient encounters to include 1440 dental patients,¬†2489 optometry visits,¬†and 80 surgeries. Moreover, on 12 May, COMFORT personnel went to Barbuda and treated 500 patients on an island with a population of just 1500.
Off to¬†visit the Seabees tomorrow¬†morning followed by an afternoon¬†attending events marking Nurses¬†Week!
BZ to all involved!
- Assessing the Fleet: The 2014 Navy Retention Study
- Another Look: Michael Murphy and 9/11 ‘SEAL of Honor’
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”