Tags: CP 09
By Jim Dolbow
COMFORT departed St. John’s Antigua today for some well deserved liberty. Some highlights of their 5 May to 16 May 2009 visit include:
40,000+ patient encounters with 12,000+ patients (approximately 15 percent of the entire population of Antigua and Barbuda.
5000+ eye exams
3500+ dental exams/cleanings/extractions
1000+ veterinary visits
113 pieces of medical equipment repaired at local hospitals
8,913 prescriptions filled
Numerous outstanding performances by the Air Force South Band
The extensive remodeling of the women’s barracaks at a local hospital.
My friends, this was just a sampling of the good work done by the many angels onboard COMFORT.
Antigua and Barbuda was the third nation on COMFORT’s 7-country CONTINUING PROMISE ’09 deployment.
- Special Time for Midrats Episode 238: “The Horn of Africa – still the front lines, with RDML Krongard, USN” – 27 July at 2pm (EDT)
- Taking the Long View on Hispanic Immigration
- Invite: CIMSEC’s July DC Meet-Up
- Sea Control 43: RADM Rowden – Sea Control, LCS, and DDG 1000
- On Midrats 20 July 14 – Episode 237: Military Sealift Command – Past, Present and Future