Tags: CP 09
By Jim Dolbow
COMFORT departed St. John’s Antigua today for some well deserved liberty. Some highlights of their 5 May to 16 May 2009 visit include:
40,000+ patient encounters with 12,000+ patients (approximately 15 percent of the entire population of Antigua and Barbuda.
5000+ eye exams
3500+ dental exams/cleanings/extractions
1000+ veterinary visits
113 pieces of medical equipment repaired at local hospitals
8,913 prescriptions filled
Numerous outstanding performances by the Air Force South Band
The extensive remodeling of the women’s barracaks at a local hospital.
My friends, this was just a sampling of the good work done by the many angels onboard COMFORT.
Antigua and Barbuda was the third nation on COMFORT’s 7-country CONTINUING PROMISE ’09 deployment.
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”
- Veterans Supporting Homeless Veterans
- A Defense of the Millennial Officer from an Old Guy