Tags: CP 09
By Jim Dolbow
From reader Kent Bertsch – a must read.
I just want to say thank you to all the service men and women that serve on the USNS Comfort. We were in Antigua on a cruise ship last week on May 14th when we sailed right by the Comfort going into dock. We didn’t know until we talked with some of the crew on shore what they were doing there. We saw the hundreds of people standing in line in the hot sun waiting for medical treatment. Here we were there soley for OUR comfort and our military were there sacrificing thier time helping others. It was very humbling to say the least to watch them and to hear them talk of their mission. We witnessed a very touching act of kindness by one of our nurses. We were in a coffee shop on the dock where some of the military people gathered to have coffee and wait for a boat to take them back to the ship when one of the nurses noticed an elderly woman sitting outside in obvious pain with sores all over her legs. She put her lunch down and went over to put her arm around her and asked if she could help her. I don’t know how long she was there because we had to leave but the kindness and generosity this nurse showed to this woman was absolutely amazing. To those who do not think we should be doing this they should be ashamed of themselves. We are the richest nation on earth and it is the least we could do to help others who are not as blessed and fortunate as us. I just thought this needed to be said. People need to know what good our military is doing. Thank you again to all who serve on the USNS Comfort! (emphasis added)
Well said shipmate! Thanks for sharing!
- On Midrats 29 March 15 – Episode 273: Partnership, Influence, Presence and the role of the MSC
- The Pen and the Sword: An Interview with Professor Timothy Demy on Reading Fiction and Studying War
- On Midrats 22 March 2015 – Episode 272: Naval Professionalism; up, down, and back again – with Will Beasley
- Missile Defense and Budget Issues
- On Midrats 3/15/15 – Episode 271: “Red Flag and the Development USAF Fighter “