Tags: Battle of Midway, USS Yorktown
Ship’s photographer, Bill Roy, had captured a sequence of photos as Yorktown sank which disappeared in the archives over at the Naval History & Heritage Center. What was remarkable about this sequence was that it showed Yorktown going down stern first as opposed to the more commonly held belief that she went down bow first.
- Sea Control 30 – Australian Submarines
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #54: Shell Fragment from the USS Massachusetts (BB-59)
- Midrats 13 April 14 Episode 223: 12 Carriers and 3 Hubs with Bryan McGrath
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #53: Handmade Seabee Photo Album From Guadalcanal
- USCG Air Station Kodiak’s Arctic Domain Awareness Mission Scientific Support Operations: A Vital Step Toward Arctic Understanding