By Jim Dolbow
Rear Admiral Jay DeLoach (USN-Ret) Director of Naval History, says American Girl Day is a â€śgreat event for daughters, nieces, friends, and family.â€ť
Meanwhile Laura Hockensmith, Deputy Director of Education and Public Programs at the U.S. Navy Museum, says â€śLiz, Karin and I are extremely proud to host American Girl Day at the U.S. Navy Museum. As both fans of the book series, and American Naval history, we are excited to link them together for the public. By creating this day dedicated to young ladies, we are encouraging the non-traditional military history audience, a new a generation of young women, to explore American history and spark a life time love of museums.
Hope to see you there! Details include:
Saturday, June 27, 2009
11:00am – 3:00pm:
U.S. Navy Museum
805 Kidder Breese Street, SE
Meet Valerie Tripp, author of many American Girl series! (booksigning from 11-1)
Enter to win a Molly McIntire Doll!
Prizes for those who dress like their favorite character!
Dolls are encouraged to come join in the fun!
Hands-on activities highlighting the era of:
RSVPs are requested to ensure enough materials for all participants. Please call (202) 433-6826 or (202) 433-0280.
For Washington Navy Yard directions & Base access information:
- Rebuttal To â€śAdvocating Naval Heresyâ€ť by Captain R. B. Watts, USCG (Retired) USNI PROCEEDINGS, June 2015
- The Perilous Price of Peace
- On Midrats 4 Oct 2015 – Episode 300: USS Neosho (AO-23),USS Sims (DD-409) and the Battle of the Coral Sea
- Should innovative organizations have an expiration date?
- Supported vs. Supporting and the Compromise of D1 Football