May he and his family find peace.
The Department of Defense says the remains of Captain Michael “Scott” Speicher have been found.The Jacksonville resident was the first American lost in the 1991 Persian Gulf War.
Acting on a tip they received in early July, DOD officials found a place in the Iraqi desert they believed to be Speicher’s crash site.
That is where they found the remains.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with Captain Speicher’s family for the ultimate sacrifice he made for his country,” said Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus. “I am extremely grateful to all those who have worked so tirelessly over the past 19 years to bring Captain Speicher home.”
Hat tip LT B.
- Rebuttal To â€śAdvocating Naval Heresyâ€ť by Captain R. B. Watts, USCG (Retired) USNI PROCEEDINGS, June 2015
- The Perilous Price of Peace
- On Midrats 4 Oct 2015 – Episode 300: USS Neosho (AO-23),USS Sims (DD-409) and the Battle of the Coral Sea
- Should innovative organizations have an expiration date?
- Supported vs. Supporting and the Compromise of D1 Football