Raise Money for Wounded Warriors and Beat Army:
What could be better than doing both at the same time?
Valour IT: Organized by the non-profit group Soldiersâ€™ Angels, the program raises funds to provide movement-impaired wounded warriors with voice activated laptop computers.
The Countdown Begins: This yearâ€™s projectÂ runs October 26th through Veterans Day. Bloggers and site operators break into teams by military service preference. Teams then compete to see who can raise the most money. Iâ€™m inviting you to be part of Team Navy. Want to help us? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
The funds raised provide:
â€¢ Voice-controlled Laptops – Operated by speaking into a microphone or using other adaptive technologies, they allow the wounded to maintain connections with the rest of the world during recovery.
â€¢ Wii Video Game Systems – Whole-body game systems increase motivation and speed recovery when used under the guidance of physical therapists in therapy sessions (donated only to medical facilities).
â€¢ Personal GPS – Handheld GPS devices build self-confidence and independence by compensating for short-term memory loss and organizational challenges related to severe TBI and severe PTSD.
Every penny raised by Valour-IT goes directlyÂ to purchasing technology for wounded Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Guardians. ThereÂ are no overhead costs for the project.
GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN
- Five Enduring Lessons from Arabian Gulf Patrol Craft Operations
- Solution to the Russian Mistral’s Conundrum: NATO Flagships
- Expanding the Naval Canon: Fernando de Oliveira and the 1st Treatise on Maritime Strategy