Raise Money for Wounded Warriors and Beat Army:
What could be better than doing both at the same time?
Valour IT: Organized by the non-profit group Soldiersâ€™ Angels, the program raises funds to provide movement-impaired wounded warriors with voice activated laptop computers.
The Countdown Begins: This yearâ€™s projectÂ runs October 26th through Veterans Day. Bloggers and site operators break into teams by military service preference. Teams then compete to see who can raise the most money. Iâ€™m inviting you to be part of Team Navy. Want to help us? Email us [email protected].
The funds raised provide:
â€¢ Voice-controlled Laptops – Operated by speaking into a microphone or using other adaptive technologies, they allow the wounded to maintain connections with the rest of the world during recovery.
â€¢ Wii Video Game Systems – Whole-body game systems increase motivation and speed recovery when used under the guidance of physical therapists in therapy sessions (donated only to medical facilities).
â€¢ Personal GPS – Handheld GPS devices build self-confidence and independence by compensating for short-term memory loss and organizational challenges related to severe TBI and severe PTSD.
Every penny raised by Valour-IT goes directlyÂ to purchasing technology for wounded Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Guardians. ThereÂ are no overhead costs for the project.
GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!
- Sea Control 30 – Australian Submarines
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #54: Shell Fragment from the USS Massachusetts (BB-59)
- Midrats 13 April 14 Episode 223: 12 Carriers and 3 Hubs with Bryan McGrath
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #53: Handmade Seabee Photo Album From Guadalcanal
- USCG Air Station Kodiakâ€™s Arctic Domain Awareness Mission Scientific Support Operations: A Vital Step Toward Arctic Understanding