Happy Birthday to the United States Navy.
On this date in 1775, Continental Congress authorized the procurement, manning, and arming of two vessels to interdict munitions supplies to the British Army in the Colonies.
For much more, visit: http://www.history.navy.mil/birthday.htm (Don’t tell them a Marine sent you there)
- Veterans Supporting Homeless Veterans
- A Defense of the Millennial Officer from an Old Guy
- Does Generation X Still Fit?
- Live on Midrats 17 August 2014: Episode 241: Personnel Policy and Leadership, with VADM Bill Moran, Chief of Naval Personnel
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 1: A Day in the Life of Sub Lieutenant Snodgrass