Happy Birthday to the United States Navy.
On this date in 1775, Continental Congress authorized the procurement, manning, and arming of two vessels to interdict munitions supplies to the British Army in the Colonies.
For much more, visit: http://www.history.navy.mil/birthday.htm (Don’t tell them a Marine sent you there)
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 3: Viper and the Pitfalls of â€˜Good Enoughâ€™
- Midrats 21 Sept 14 – Episode 246: “When the short snappy war goes long, with Chris Dougherty”
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 2: Are All Nuggets Created Equal?
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN