Happy Birthday to the United States Navy.
On this date in 1775, Continental Congress authorized the procurement, manning, and arming of two vessels to interdict munitions supplies to the British Army in the Colonies.
For much more, visit: http://www.history.navy.mil/birthday.htm (Don’t tell them a Marine sent you there)
- On Midrats 29 March 15 – Episode 273: Partnership, Influence, Presence and the role of the MSC
- The Pen and the Sword: An Interview with Professor Timothy Demy on Reading Fiction and Studying War
- On Midrats 22 March 2015 – Episode 272: Naval Professionalism; up, down, and back again – with Will Beasley
- Missile Defense and Budget Issues
- On Midrats 3/15/15 – Episode 271: “Red Flag and the Development USAF Fighter “