Why give to Valour It? For the obvious reason that they can support some of our our troops presently in ways that we could not have in the past through some very important endeavours:
Voice-controlled Laptops – Operated by speaking into a microphone or using other adaptive technologies, they allow the wounded to maintain connections with the rest of the world during recovery.
Wii Video Game Systems – Whole-body game systems increase motivation and speed recovery when used under the guidance of physical therapists in therapy sessions (donated only to medical facilities).Personal GPS – Handheld GPS devices build self-confidence and independence by compensating for short-term memory loss and organizational challenges related to severe TBI and severe PTSD.
AND: Our past will become our future!
Help support Team Navy…see and click the thermometer on the right
And to honor our heroes:
WWI: Frank Buckles USA, 106 years old
Another story: Marine hero Ben Carson…seriously, listen to his story…listen to where he fought…it’s incredible…we are lucky:
- March 9 Midrats Episode 218: Abolishing of the USAF, with Robert M. Farley
- DEF[x] Annapolis: Encourage the Innovators
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)
- Engineering and the Humanities: The View from Patna’s Bridge…
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #47: British Dockyard Models