Posted by UltimaRatioReg in Foreign Policy, Uncategorized
One has to wonder if these words of the crisis year of 1961 any longer ring true in the crisis year of 2009. For the sake of our great Nation and our posterity, I do hope so.
- “And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globeâ€”the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.
- “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
- “To those peoples in the huts and villages across the globe struggling to break the bonds of mass misery, we pledge our best efforts to help them help themselves, for whatever period is required…
- “We dare not tempt them with weakness. For only when our arms are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will never be employed.
- “Now the trumpet summons us againâ€”not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we areâ€”but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year outâ€¦”
- On Midrats 1 March 15 – Episode 269: “National Strategy and the Navy’s Proper Role in it”
- The Struggle to Think
- The Defence Debate â€“ why the UK needs to change the subject
- Humility and Service as a Leader – Learning what MCPON has Learned
- On Midrats 22 Feb 2015, 5pm – Episode 268: 21st Century Sims