At the Battle of Surigao Strait, five of the battle ships “crossing the T” on the Japanese force had been sunk or damaged at Pearl Harbor.
A look back at one heck of a salvage operation here.
So, Bluto was partially right, wasn’t he?
Bluto: Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
- Sea Control 25 – Crimean Crisis
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #49: Japanese Bomb Arming Vane
- March 9 Midrats Episode 218: Abolishing of the USAF, with Robert M. Farley
- DEF[x] Annapolis: Encourage the Innovators
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)