By Jim Dolbow
Open source media is reporting that the Port Au Prince Airport is Jammed. Not surprising. Pre-earthquake, it typically handled 25 flights a day. As of 1500 EDT, that number stood at 55.
In a DOD Bloggers Roundtable this afternoon that USNI Blog participated in, the Air Force guests said the airport only had 2 fuel trucks and two towbars.
Can someone spare a fuel truck or towbar? If so, please let SOUTHCOM know. Thank you!
Don’t make me start a bake sale to get the Haitians some more fuel trucks and towbars.
- DEF[x] Annapolis: Encourage the Innovators
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)
- Engineering and the Humanities: The View from Patna’s Bridge…
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #47: British Dockyard Models
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #46: WWII Japanese Radio Headset