By Jim Dolbow
Open source media is reporting that the Port Au Prince Airport is Jammed. Not surprising. Pre-earthquake, it typically handled 25 flights a day. As of 1500 EDT, that number stood at 55.
In a DOD Bloggers Roundtable this afternoon that USNI Blog participated in, the Air Force guests said the airport only had 2 fuel trucks and two towbars.
Can someone spare a fuel truck or towbar? If so, please let SOUTHCOM know. Thank you!
Don’t make me start a bake sale to get the Haitians some more fuel trucks and towbars.
- Special Time for Midrats Episode 238: “The Horn of Africa – still the front lines, with RDML Krongard, USN” – 27 July at 2pm (EDT)
- Taking the Long View on Hispanic Immigration
- Invite: CIMSEC’s July DC Meet-Up
- Sea Control 43: RADM Rowden – Sea Control, LCS, and DDG 1000
- On Midrats 20 July 14 – Episode 237: Military Sealift Command – Past, Present and Future