That is how much time elapsed from the time the earthquake struck Haiti at 1653 hours on 12 January until the USNS COMFORT departed Baltimore enroute to Haiti on 16 January 2010 @0900.
No small feat.
The COMFORT went from a skeleton crew in a reduced operating status to a full complement embarked a no-notice deployment that could last 6+ plus months. Moreover, from the time the activation order is given the ship had five days to deploy but did it in three days!!
God Speed the men and women of TEAM COMFORT and their inter-agency, international, and NGO partners!
- Sea Control 30 – Australian Submarines
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #54: Shell Fragment from the USS Massachusetts (BB-59)
- Midrats 13 April 14 Episode 223: 12 Carriers and 3 Hubs with Bryan McGrath
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #53: Handmade Seabee Photo Album From Guadalcanal
- USCG Air Station Kodiak’s Arctic Domain Awareness Mission Scientific Support Operations: A Vital Step Toward Arctic Understanding