By Jim Dolbow
Participated in a 1300 Bloggers Roundtable today with medical personnel aboard the USS Bataan (LHD-5).
Frustrating to say the least. The Bataan arrived last night and at the time of the roundtable some 12+ hours later (minimum), it still has not received one patient which is Bravo Sierra in my view. It has four operating rooms, 14 ICU beds, and 38 ward beds.
Given the number of people that are in desperate need of surgery, I am at a loss of words why patients weren’t brought aboard immediately.
Life is a real b**** if you survive being buried in a pile of rubble for a week only to due because of the lack of access to an operating room.
If I am wrong, tell me so.
- On Midrats 21 Dec 14 – Episode 259: The Islamic State – rise and world view, with Craig Whiteside
- On Midrats 14 Dec 14 – Episode 258: COIN, Cyber, and Lawfare: the continuity of war in to 2015
- On Midrats 7 Dec 14, Episode 257: “Clausewitz – now more than ever, with Donald Stoker”
- And so, our Navy finds its Memory Hole
- To Defeat ISIS, Hawkeyes Required