Participated in a 1300 Bloggers Roundtable today with medical personnel aboard the USS Bataan (LHD-5).
Frustrating to say the least. The Bataan arrived last night and at the time of the roundtable some 12+ hours later (minimum), it still has not received one patient which is Bravo Sierra in my view. It has four operating rooms, 14 ICU beds, and 38 ward beds.
Given the number of people that are in desperate need of surgery, I am at a loss of words why patients weren’t brought aboard immediately.
Life is a real b**** if you survive being buried in a pile of rubble for a week only to due because of the lack of access to an operating room.
If I am wrong, tell me so.
- Midrats this Sunday, May 17 2013 – Episode 167: Intellectual Integrity, PME, and NWC
- Remembering our Fallen Coast Guard Shipmates and their Families
- On Midrats 10 Mar 13, Episode 166: “Expeditionary Fleet Balance”
- Guest Post by LTJG Matthew Hipple: From Epipolae to Cyber War
- For Strength and Courage: Neptunus Lex