Tags: 5th generation fighters, airwarfare, PAK-FA, Russia, Sukhoi
ΠΠ΅ΡΡΠΏΠ΅ΠΊΡΠΈΠ²Π½ΡΠΉ ΠΠ²ΠΈΠ°ΡΠΈΠΎΠ½Π½ΡΠΉ ΠΠΎΠΌΠΏΠ»Π΅ΠΊΡ Π€ΡΠΎΠ½ΡΠΎΠ²ΠΎΠΉ ΠΠ²ΠΈΠ°ΡΠΈΠΈ, Perspektivnyi Aviatsionnyi Kompleks Frontovoi Aviatsy, literally “Future Front-line Aircraft System”
As more video and still footage becomes available, some thoughts are emerging. First observation is that clearly this is just a flying prototype that focuses on the airframe and not much else for a 5th gen fighter:
Alexander Golts, an independent military analyst, said the T-50 is running on old engines, and the only major technological breakthrough was designing the airframe making the jet more difficult for radars to spot, in keeping with its U.S. counterpart.
Still, the basic airframe will define certain things that carry over to the production bird. More observations, video and imagery over at the homepage…
- Rebuttal To βAdvocating Naval Heresyβ by Captain R. B. Watts, USCG (Retired) USNI PROCEEDINGS, June 2015
- The Perilous Price of Peace
- On Midrats 4 Oct 2015 – Episode 300: USS Neosho (AO-23),USS Sims (DD-409) and the Battle of the Coral Sea
- Should innovative organizations have an expiration date?
- Supported vs. Supporting and the Compromise of D1 Football