Like a man dying of thirst – there is nothing of greater value or need than a clear, cool, and soothing glass of water. Simple, yet essential.
A Commander’s Direction and Guidance must be the same. We have all suffered under unreadable and opaque D&G that is so infused with consultant-speak, hedging, and posturing that the mind aches to find anything you can use.
I would like you to try this on for size.
If you have not had the chance, I highly recommend you read ADM J.C. Harvey Jr.’s Commander’s Guidance as CFFC. Get your copy here. For such a document, it is short at 6 pages – and meaty.
Read it twice. Leaders – benchmark the style – make this the new normal.
Hold him accountable – it is a safe assumption he would want you to. Run with it.
- The Lost Intellectual Capital of a STEM Dominated Navy
- Join Us for Midrats 26 Oct 14 at a Special Time for Episode 251, “DEF2014 wrapup, and the budding question of veteran entitlement”, starting at 6:30pm EST
- No Boots on the Ground, No Victory
- Join Us for the Midrats’ 250th! 19 October 14 at 5pm (EDT)
- Sea Control Podcast 56 – Forgotten Naval Strategists