SWMBO encourages us to begin to celebrate another, somewhat newer tradition during Holy Week, the tradition of zapping pirates.
The MV Maersk Alabama incident in 2009 gave us:
This could be bigger than Festivus. Feats of marksmanship and fire control, perhaps? Airing of grievances, for sure!
H/T The Sniper
- Sea Control 25 – Crimean Crisis
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #49: Japanese Bomb Arming Vane
- March 9 Midrats Episode 218: Abolishing of the USAF, with Robert M. Farley
- DEF[x] Annapolis: Encourage the Innovators
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)