SWMBO encourages us to begin to celebrate another, somewhat newer tradition during Holy Week, the tradition of zapping pirates.
The MV Maersk Alabama incident in 2009 gave us:
This could be bigger than Festivus. Feats of marksmanship and fire control, perhaps? Airing of grievances, for sure!
H/T The Sniper
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN
- Five Enduring Lessons from Arabian Gulf Patrol Craft Operations
- Solution to the Russian Mistral’s Conundrum: NATO Flagships
- Expanding the Naval Canon: Fernando de Oliveira and the 1st Treatise on Maritime Strategy