Enter General David H. Petraeus (video below)
And by *we*, the Naval Institute doesn’t mean us, we mean the collective community of the bloggers that give us their insight, time and devotion to discussing the Navy in an independent forum. Equally important are those of you who comment and shape the conversation.
Not paid, not influenced (except for the voting part :)).
In similar great news, friend of the Naval Institute, Maj. Norman Hatch, USMC (Ret.) took not only one, but two standing ovations from the crowd. Additionally, the group YouServed captured more great video and chronicles the conference.
Us old media, MSM folks at the Naval Institute are honored to be a part of this group of families, friends and members of the US Armed Forces.
BTW: According to the kind General; he’s a force to be reckoned with on Guitar Hero.
- DEF[x] Annapolis: Encourage the Innovators
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)
- Engineering and the Humanities: The View from Patna’s Bridge…
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #47: British Dockyard Models
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #46: WWII Japanese Radio Headset