Enter General David H. Petraeus (video below)
And by *we*, the Naval Institute doesn’t mean us, we mean the collective community of the bloggers that give us their insight, time and devotion to discussing the Navy in an independent forum. Equally important are those of you who comment and shape the conversation.
Not paid, not influenced (except for the voting part :)).
In similar great news, friend of the Naval Institute, Maj. Norman Hatch, USMC (Ret.) took not only one, but two standing ovations from the crowd. Additionally, the group YouServed captured more great video and chronicles the conference.
Us old media, MSM folks at the Naval Institute are honored to be a part of this group of families, friends and members of the US Armed Forces.
BTW: According to the kind General; he’s a force to be reckoned with on Guitar Hero.
- Assessing the Fleet: The 2014 Navy Retention Study
- Another Look: Michael Murphy and 9/11 ‘SEAL of Honor’
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”