Tags: Jeff Withington
I’m afraid I’m no longer a midshipman blogger. On Friday, May 28, I was commissioned as an ensign along with ~755 of my closest friends and classmates (255 more became 2LTs in the Marines). My brother, USMA Class of 2012 (West Point), gave me my first salute.
I started blogging for the Naval Institute during the second semester of junior year and I’ve had the pleasure of conducting several interviews (including with (then) VADM Harvey) and writing about topics from pirates to sleep deprivation to interviewing for nuclear power.
It’s been lots of fun and I plan on sticking around–just not as the resident midshipman blogger! A replacement is in the works, but nothing official yet. In late July, I’ll head down to Charleston, SC to report for nuclear power school and start the next part of my journey!
- Special Time for Midrats Episode 238: “The Horn of Africa – still the front lines, with RDML Krongard, USN” – 27 July at 2pm (EDT)
- Taking the Long View on Hispanic Immigration
- Invite: CIMSEC’s July DC Meet-Up
- Sea Control 43: RADM Rowden – Sea Control, LCS, and DDG 1000
- On Midrats 20 July 14 – Episode 237: Military Sealift Command – Past, Present and Future