Being one of the resident civilians on this blog, I feel certain topics are off-limits. Put broadly, I do not write on internal Navy matters. Grand strategy, strategy, operations, tactics, and politics are fair game, but uniforms and Burger Kings on FOBs are not.
That said, I do have some understanding of what comprises life in the Navy. Or, at least I thought I did until I read this.
Hat tip to Starbuck.
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 3: Viper and the Pitfalls of ‘Good Enough’
- Midrats 21 Sept 14 – Episode 246: “When the short snappy war goes long, with Chris Dougherty”
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 2: Are All Nuggets Created Equal?
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN