I applaud this father for his post, because his words will stay with his children for the rest of their lives. Our Army Life: Deployment 2010: I Need You
Read it. Go give them a comment they most richly deserve.
I’m personally invested …of course…for background.: My Dad deployed when I was two. After my Dad died (much later – not during that deployment), I went back and read the inscription from him in a book about his actions in 1972. It said, “To Mary, The memory of whom sustained me through all of this. With so much love, Dad” It means so much to me.
This post is about this family…and all of the girls and boys who hug and kiss their mommies and daddies goodbye.
And equally, all the mommies and daddies who miss their babies.
- Sea Control 30 – Australian Submarines
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #54: Shell Fragment from the USS Massachusetts (BB-59)
- Midrats 13 April 14 Episode 223: 12 Carriers and 3 Hubs with Bryan McGrath
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #53: Handmade Seabee Photo Album From Guadalcanal
- USCG Air Station Kodiak’s Arctic Domain Awareness Mission Scientific Support Operations: A Vital Step Toward Arctic Understanding