I applaud this father for his post, because his words will stay with his children for the rest of their lives. Our Army Life: Deployment 2010: I Need You
Read it. Go give them a comment they most richly deserve.
I’m personally invested …of course…for background.: My Dad deployed when I was two. After my Dad died (much later – not during that deployment), I went back and read the inscription from him in a book about his actions in 1972. It said, “To Mary, The memory of whom sustained me through all of this. With so much love, Dad” It means so much to me.
This post is about this family…and all of the girls and boys who hug and kiss their mommies and daddies goodbye.
And equally, all the mommies and daddies who miss their babies.
- Assessing the Fleet: The 2014 Navy Retention Study
- Another Look: Michael Murphy and 9/11 ‘SEAL of Honor’
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”