Keynote Speaker: Dr. Martin N. Murphy, Author and Piracy Expert
Panel: Blackbeard to Barbary Pirates: Making Their Mark on History
RADM Joseph F. Callo, USNR (Ret.), Author (moderator)
Dr. Virginia W. Lunsford, USNA, Author
Frederick C. Leiner, Author
LCDR Benjamin Armstrong, USN, Author
Panel: Piracy’s Impact on International Commerce, Law and Diplomacy
CAPT Robert “Turk” Maggi, USN (Ret.), U.S. Department of State (moderator)
COL Iya J Gababo, Defense Attache, Embassy of the Republic of Kenya,
Robert Gauvin, Piracy Policy, U.S. Coast Guard
CAPT Mark Tempest, USNR (Ret.), Attorney
Luncheon Keynote Speaker: Stephen M. Carmel, Senior Vice President, Maersk Line, Limited
Panel: Pirates: How Do We Defeat Them?
CDR John P. Patch, USN (Ret.), U.S. Army War College (moderator)
RADM Terence E. McKnight, USN (Ret.),
Capt Zachary D. Martin, USMC, Marine Expeditionary Force Recon Company
Laurence Smallman, Defense Research Analyst, RAND Corporation
Annapolis, October 20, 2010
Details and much more information here.
Come on, take the day off and join the fun!
- Assessing the Fleet: The 2014 Navy Retention Study
- Another Look: Michael Murphy and 9/11 ‘SEAL of Honor’
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”