Keynote Speaker: Dr. Martin N. Murphy, Author and Piracy Expert
Panel: Blackbeard to Barbary Pirates: Making Their Mark on History
RADM Joseph F. Callo, USNR (Ret.), Author (moderator)
Dr. Virginia W. Lunsford, USNA, Author
Frederick C. Leiner, Author
LCDR Benjamin Armstrong, USN, Author
Panel: Piracy’s Impact on International Commerce, Law and Diplomacy
CAPT Robert “Turk” Maggi, USN (Ret.), U.S. Department of State (moderator)
COL Iya J Gababo, Defense Attache, Embassy of the Republic of Kenya,
Robert Gauvin, Piracy Policy, U.S. Coast Guard
CAPT Mark Tempest, USNR (Ret.), Attorney
Luncheon Keynote Speaker: Stephen M. Carmel, Senior Vice President, Maersk Line, Limited
Panel: Pirates: How Do We Defeat Them?
CDR John P. Patch, USN (Ret.), U.S. Army War College (moderator)
RADM Terence E. McKnight, USN (Ret.),
Capt Zachary D. Martin, USMC, Marine Expeditionary Force Recon Company
Laurence Smallman, Defense Research Analyst, RAND Corporation
Annapolis, October 20, 2010
Details and much more information here.
Come on, take the day off and join the fun!
- What is the CRIC: The Chain of Command Cuts Both Ways.
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #48: Models of HMS St. George (1701) and USS Missouri (1944)
- Engineering and the Humanities: The View from Patna’s Bridge…
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #47: British Dockyard Models
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #46: WWII Japanese Radio Headset