Ninety-five percent of the books I read are dense monographs on military affairs and public health, and would never have much appeal to the general public. The fact I stay up late every night reading them is a solid sign that I have found a topic I am passionate about. In September however, I broke my pattern and bought my very first comic book, admittedly entirely because I am good friends with one of the authors.
But now it seems this comic book thing is catching on. Last month, the Naval Health Research Center published its own comic book on US medics, called The Docs, and I admit that it is pretty good. And the best part: it is free!
- Midrats Sunday 8 Dec 13 Episode 205: “A 21st Century Navy” With John C. Harvey, Jr, ADM USN (Ret)
- USNI Happy Hour – Newport
- Sea Control 11: Sand Pebbles
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #20: Cyane Journal
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #19: Souvenirs Brought Home From Around the World by the Early Navy Squadrons