Ninety-five percent of the books I read are dense monographs on military affairs and public health, and would never have much appeal to the general public. The fact I stay up late every night reading them is a solid sign that I have found a topic I am passionate about. In September however, I broke my pattern and bought my very first comic book, admittedly entirely because I am good friends with one of the authors.
But now it seems this comic book thing is catching on. Last month, the Naval Health Research Center published its own comic book on US medics, called The Docs, and I admit that it is pretty good. And the best part: it is free!
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN
- Five Enduring Lessons from Arabian Gulf Patrol Craft Operations
- Solution to the Russian Mistral’s Conundrum: NATO Flagships
- Expanding the Naval Canon: Fernando de Oliveira and the 1st Treatise on Maritime Strategy