For all Members of the Naval Institute,
In the 2011 annual ballot the Board of Directors has recommended an historic change to the Mission of the Naval Institute to “advocating the necessity of global seapower.” The Board believes that the United States must support and maintain a strong, global naval capability and that a proper role for the Institute is to be a proactive advocate for that goal.
This is an important initiative from our Board of Directors; one that deserves your full attention as a member.
The full ballot will appear in the March Proceedings, and is now online here , together with a more comprehensive justification for the new Mission Statement.
In keeping faith with the 137 year tradition of our professional association as the “Independent Forum of the Sea Services” I encourage members to engage on this important initiative.
Share your views, and cast your ballot NLT April 11, 2011.
Major General Thomas L. Wilkerson, USMC (Ret.)
Chief Executive Officer
U. S. Naval Institute
- Assessing the Fleet: The 2014 Navy Retention Study
- Another Look: Michael Murphy and 9/11 ‘SEAL of Honor’
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”