For all Members of the Naval Institute,
In the 2011 annual ballot the Board of Directors has recommended an historic change to the Mission of the Naval Institute to “advocating the necessity of global seapower.” The Board believes that the United States must support and maintain a strong, global naval capability and that a proper role for the Institute is to be a proactive advocate for that goal.
This is an important initiative from our Board of Directors; one that deserves your full attention as a member.
The full ballot will appear in the March Proceedings, and is now online here , together with a more comprehensive justification for the new Mission Statement.
In keeping faith with the 137 year tradition of our professional association as the “Independent Forum of the Sea Services” I encourage members to engage on this important initiative.
Share your views, and cast your ballot NLT April 11, 2011.
Major General Thomas L. Wilkerson, USMC (Ret.)
Chief Executive Officer
U. S. Naval Institute
- The Independent Review of the Nuclear Enterprise
- On Midrats 23 November 14: “Episode 255: Commanding the Seas -the Surface Force with Bryan Clark from CSBA”
- A Magical Metrical Mystery Tour of Ineffective U.S. Drug Policy
- On Midrats 16 November 14, “Episode 254: John A. Nagl: 13 Years into the War”
- Gabe’s Gambit: Celebrating the Marine Corps Birthday and Reflecting on Talent Management