To guarantee joint forces that are globally competent, confident, adaptable and agile in the future, the United States cannot continue on the path it has been while fighting the war against terror in places like Afghanistan and Iraq.
That was the message delivered by Adm. John C. Harvey Jr., head of U.S. Fleet Forces, at the Joint Warfighting Conference 2011 at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. The three-day conference, sponsored by the U. S. Naval Institute (USNI) and the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association International (AFCEA), aims to answer this yearâ€™s overarching question: â€śHow Do We Leverage Successes of Joint & Coalition Warfare?â€ť
â€śWe generated that surge capacityâ€ť fighting the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, and â€śimmediately began to consume it,â€ť Adm. Harvey told a crowd of about 1,100 during a lunchtime address. â€śSurge capacity has become routine delivery.
â€śWe have to hit the reset button.â€ť
- Midrats this Sunday, May 17 2013 – Episode 167: Intellectual Integrity, PME, and NWC
- Remembering our Fallen Coast Guard Shipmates and their Families
- On Midrats 10 Mar 13, Episode 166: “Expeditionary Fleet Balance”
- Guest Post by LTJG Matthew Hipple: From Epipolae to Cyber War
- For Strength and Courage: Neptunus Lex