To guarantee joint forces that are globally competent, confident, adaptable and agile in the future, the United States cannot continue on the path it has been while fighting the war against terror in places like Afghanistan and Iraq.
That was the message delivered by Adm. John C. Harvey Jr., head of U.S. Fleet Forces, at the Joint Warfighting Conference 2011 at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. The three-day conference, sponsored by the U. S. Naval Institute (USNI) and the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association International (AFCEA), aims to answer this yearâ€™s overarching question: â€śHow Do We Leverage Successes of Joint & Coalition Warfare?â€ť
â€śWe generated that surge capacityâ€ť fighting the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, and â€śimmediately began to consume it,â€ť Adm. Harvey told a crowd of about 1,100 during a lunchtime address. â€śSurge capacity has become routine delivery.
â€śWe have to hit the reset button.â€ť
- Special Time for Midrats Episode 238: “The Horn of Africa – still the front lines, with RDML Krongard, USN” – 27 July at 2pm (EDT)
- Taking the Long View on Hispanic Immigration
- Invite: CIMSEC’s July DC Meet-Up
- Sea Control 43: RADM Rowden – Sea Control, LCS, and DDG 1000
- On Midrats 20 July 14 – Episode 237: Military Sealift Command – Past, Present and Future