Yes, the French fleet!
No, it was more of a skirmish at sea, but . . .
230 years ago. Off the Virgina Capes.
Maybe the most important sea action in our history?
Read about it at “The Pivot Upon Which Everything Turned”.
Or my humble offering here.
Oh, that quote in the title? From A History of Sea Power.
- To Defeat ISIS, Hawkeyes Required
- The Independent Review of the Nuclear Enterprise
- On Midrats 23 November 14: “Episode 255: Commanding the Seas -the Surface Force with Bryan Clark from CSBA”
- A Magical Metrical Mystery Tour of Ineffective U.S. Drug Policy
- On Midrats 16 November 14, “Episode 254: John A. Nagl: 13 Years into the War”