Over a decade in to the war in Afghanistan and over three years in to the surge of forces – have we reached the point of diminishing returns? Is the present AFG government stable enough to accept a transition? Is the present withdrawl timetable right, wrong, or just right?
Join co-hosts “Sal” from the blog “CDR Salamander” and “EagleOne” from “EagleSpeak” to discuss the past, present, and future of the AFG campaign for the full hour will their guest Michael Barrett, co-founder of Diligent Innovations, a Washington consulting firm, former Navy Intelligence Officer and director of strategy for the Homeland Security Council under President George W. Bush.
The opinion piece we discuss during the show, “Afghan Half Measures Are Costing Full Lives,” can be found at Defense News here.
You may not agree with what you read or hear, but it is worth having a conversation about.
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN
- Five Enduring Lessons from Arabian Gulf Patrol Craft Operations
- Solution to the Russian Mistral’s Conundrum: NATO Flagships
- Expanding the Naval Canon: Fernando de Oliveira and the 1st Treatise on Maritime Strategy