Over a decade in to the war in Afghanistan and over three years in to the surge of forces – have we reached the point of diminishing returns? Is the present AFG government stable enough to accept a transition? Is the present withdrawl timetable right, wrong, or just right?
Join co-hosts “Sal” from the blog “CDR Salamander” and “EagleOne” from “EagleSpeak” to discuss the past, present, and future of the AFG campaign for the full hour will their guest Michael Barrett, co-founder of Diligent Innovations, a Washington consulting firm, former Navy Intelligence Officer and director of strategy for the Homeland Security Council under President George W. Bush.
The opinion piece we discuss during the show, “Afghan Half Measures Are Costing Full Lives,” can be found at Defense News here.
You may not agree with what you read or hear, but it is worth having a conversation about.
- On Midrats 19 April 2015 – Episode 276: “21st Century Ellis”
- John Quincy Adams — The Grand Strategist: An Interview With Historian Charles N. Edel
- 4 Reasons Not to Resign Your Commission as a Naval Officer
- About Face: A Return to Marine Corps Innovation
- On Midrats 29 March 15 – Episode 273: Partnership, Influence, Presence and the role of the MSC