Over a decade in to the war in Afghanistan and over three years in to the surge of forces – have we reached the point of diminishing returns? Is the present AFG government stable enough to accept a transition? Is the present withdrawl timetable right, wrong, or just right?
Join co-hosts “Sal” from the blog “CDR Salamander” and “EagleOne” from “EagleSpeak” to discuss the past, present, and future of the AFG campaign for the full hour will their guest Michael Barrett, co-founder of Diligent Innovations, a Washington consulting firm, former Navy Intelligence Officer and director of strategy for the Homeland Security Council under President George W. Bush.
The opinion piece we discuss during the show, “Afghan Half Measures Are Costing Full Lives,” can be found at Defense News here.
You may not agree with what you read or hear, but it is worth having a conversation about.
- Assessing the Fleet: The 2014 Navy Retention Study
- Another Look: Michael Murphy and 9/11 ‘SEAL of Honor’
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”