A lot has been written about what went wrong at Pearl Harbor – a very American perspective.
If you are a neutral tactical or look at things from a Japanese perspective – there was a lot that went right at Pearl Harbor at the Tactical and Operational Level.
Join Sal from CDR Salamander and me as we discuss for the full hour many of the less understood aspects fo the attack on Pearl Harbor and the development in the Imperial Japanese Navy’s tactical innovations with one of the co-authors of the article in December’s Naval History magazine, Pearl Harbor’s Overlooked Answer – Jonathan Parshall.
Mr. Parshall is one of the authors of the book, The Shattered Sword: The Untold Story of the Battle of Midway, a book highly recommended by many naval readers, including this one:
“I have begun reading Shattered Sword… and had to stop. It is too large, reads too well, contains too much information, and is too difficult to put down. Start it at your own risk! My congratulations to the authors and to Brassey’s/Potomac Books for an excellent and valuable product.”
— Norman Polmar, noted analyst, consultant, and author specializing in naval, strategic, and intelligence issues.
Join us, please.
- Midrats this Sunday, May 17 2013 – Episode 167: Intellectual Integrity, PME, and NWC
- Remembering our Fallen Coast Guard Shipmates and their Families
- On Midrats 10 Mar 13, Episode 166: “Expeditionary Fleet Balance”
- Guest Post by LTJG Matthew Hipple: From Epipolae to Cyber War
- For Strength and Courage: Neptunus Lex