This year I attended the Army-Navy game for the first time since having graduated. I secured Club Level seating (or standing, as it were) to calm my post-traumatic-midshipman-memory-response; the promise of central heating, leather couches and reuniting with old shipmates over a steady flow of spirits seemed a more comfortable homecoming than braving the elements with the masses. One day I’ll be married with kids, I told myself as I completed my decadent, self-interested Club Level transaction, and then I’ll return to the cold. To the stands. To the game the way it was meant to be enjoyed…drunk on emotion and pride with my fellow Americans. And cold.
This morning a banner on the Naval Institute’s website caught my eye and took me to a preview of the must-watch documentary of the season. It will be airing this Wednesday, December 21st on Showtime. I recommend it to everyone who would like to know (or be reminded) why the Army-Navy game is indeed, a Game of Honor.
- Midrats this Sunday, May 17 2013 – Episode 167: Intellectual Integrity, PME, and NWC
- Remembering our Fallen Coast Guard Shipmates and their Families
- On Midrats 10 Mar 13, Episode 166: “Expeditionary Fleet Balance”
- Guest Post by LTJG Matthew Hipple: From Epipolae to Cyber War
- For Strength and Courage: Neptunus Lex