Boeing?s AN/BLQ-11 has demonstrated the first ever 21? Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) autonomous launch and recovery operation from a submarine. Here, the vehicle and all its ship-board equipment is loaded into its host submarine the same way torpedoes are loaded. AN/BLQ-11 is designed to be launched from the submarine?s torpedo tube to survey and detect objects, and gather underwater data.
- Special Time for Midrats Episode 238: “The Horn of Africa – still the front lines, with RDML Krongard, USN” – 27 July at 2pm (EDT)
- Taking the Long View on Hispanic Immigration
- Invite: CIMSEC’s July DC Meet-Up
- Sea Control 43: RADM Rowden – Sea Control, LCS, and DDG 1000
- On Midrats 20 July 14 – Episode 237: Military Sealift Command – Past, Present and Future