Boeing?s AN/BLQ-11 has demonstrated the first ever 21? Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) autonomous launch and recovery operation from a submarine. Here, the vehicle and all its ship-board equipment is loaded into its host submarine the same way torpedoes are loaded. AN/BLQ-11 is designed to be launched from the submarine?s torpedo tube to survey and detect objects, and gather underwater data.
- Sea Control 30 – Australian Submarines
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #54: Shell Fragment from the USS Massachusetts (BB-59)
- Midrats 13 April 14 Episode 223: 12 Carriers and 3 Hubs with Bryan McGrath
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #53: Handmade Seabee Photo Album From Guadalcanal
- USCG Air Station Kodiak’s Arctic Domain Awareness Mission Scientific Support Operations: A Vital Step Toward Arctic Understanding