Tags: Midrats, People
By Mark Tempest
Join us 09-16-12, 5pm (E U.S.) for Episode 141: “In the Shadow of Greatness” on Blog Talk Radio:
In their formative years from 10 to18 â€“ they rose in a different world; the post-Cold War world. No 30-minutes from nuclear annihilation, no existential threat to their existence.
As they approached adulthood, they made the decision to join the military of the worldâ€™s only superpower; a superpower at peace, economically strong, culturally vibrant. They were admitted to the United States Naval Academy in 1998; the class of 2002.
Roughly nine months prior to graduation and commissioning, it all changed.
Our guest for the full hour to discus the journey, acts, and experiences of the United States Naval Academy Class of 2002 will be Graham Plaster, a member of the class of 2002 and one of the editors of the book – In the Shadow of Greatness: Voices of Leadership, Sacrifice, and Service from America’s Longest War.
- Rebuttal To â€śAdvocating Naval Heresyâ€ť by Captain R. B. Watts, USCG (Retired) USNI PROCEEDINGS, June 2015
- The Perilous Price of Peace
- On Midrats 4 Oct 2015 – Episode 300: USS Neosho (AO-23),USS Sims (DD-409) and the Battle of the Coral Sea
- Should innovative organizations have an expiration date?
- Supported vs. Supporting and the Compromise of D1 Football