Tags: Midrats, People
By Mark Tempest
Join us 09-16-12, 5pm (E U.S.) for Episode 141: “In the Shadow of Greatness” on Blog Talk Radio:
In their formative years from 10 to18 β they rose in a different world; the post-Cold War world. No 30-minutes from nuclear annihilation, no existential threat to their existence.
As they approached adulthood, they made the decision to join the military of the worldβs only superpower; a superpower at peace, economically strong, culturally vibrant. They were admitted to the United States Naval Academy in 1998; the class of 2002.
Roughly nine months prior to graduation and commissioning, it all changed.
Our guest for the full hour to discus the journey, acts, and experiences of the United States Naval Academy Class of 2002 will be Graham Plaster, a member of the class of 2002 and one of the editors of the book - In the Shadow of Greatness: Voices of Leadership, Sacrifice, and Service from America’s Longest War.
- Assessing the Fleet: The 2014 Navy Retention Study
- Another Look: Michael Murphy and 9/11 ‘SEAL of Honor’
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”