In light of the previous post by USNI admin, and the commentary generated, Iâ€™d like to add my thoughts in the form of a picture. Or rather, two pictures. And neither one is taken particularly well, for which I apologize.
Back story: last weekend, we took the kids up to Annapolis to see downtown and the Yard all decorated for Christmas. On a trip through the Naval Academy Club (BOQ), we came upon this gingerbread house. No doubt paid for by taxpayer dollars. Hmmm.
Very nice, of course, and I thought the midshipman sneaking out of the house was fitting.
Of course, someone had made a slight change from the original model:
It was nice to see that some things, like the behavior of 18- to-22-year-olds, will never change. And then my 4-year-old asked me why one reindeer was on top of the other one.
Iâ€™m inclined to thinkâ€”based on my reading of the info in the adminÂ post belowâ€”that the cancellation of the live Nativity in Bahrain was somewhat over-the-top. However, Iâ€™m also inclined to believe that: a) I belong to a mainstream religion and have never felt marginalized for any religious beliefs, and b) we have bigger problems to argue about.
I, for one, got a laugh from the taxpayer-funded reindeerâ€¦umâ€¦party that apparently lasted all night at USNA (when we came through the next morning Dasher and Prancer were back in their originally intended,Â separate spots).
- Sea Control 30 – Australian Submarines
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #54: Shell Fragment from the USS Massachusetts (BB-59)
- Midrats 13 April 14 Episode 223: 12 Carriers and 3 Hubs with Bryan McGrath
- A History of the Navy in 100 Objects #53: Handmade Seabee Photo Album From Guadalcanal
- USCG Air Station Kodiakâ€™s Arctic Domain Awareness Mission Scientific Support Operations: A Vital Step Toward Arctic Understanding