Tags: A History of the Navy in 100 Objects
One of the most well-know exhibits of the Naval Academy Museum is the collection of roughly two dozen model ships constructed almost entirely of bone by French prisoners of war during the Napoleonic Wars. Although not specifically US Navy history, the collection nevertheless helps set the stage for understanding the conditions into which the American Navy was born. The War of 1812 loomed on the horizon, and in that war the U.S. Navy would be put to the test.
- On Midrats 21 Dec 14 – Episode 259: The Islamic State – rise and world view, with Craig Whiteside
- On Midrats 14 Dec 14 – Episode 258: COIN, Cyber, and Lawfare: the continuity of war in to 2015
- On Midrats 7 Dec 14, Episode 257: “Clausewitz – now more than ever, with Donald Stoker”
- And so, our Navy finds its Memory Hole
- To Defeat ISIS, Hawkeyes Required