Tags: A History of the Navy in 100 Objects
One of the most well-know exhibits of the Naval Academy Museum is the collection of roughly two dozen model ships constructed almost entirely of bone by French prisoners of war during the Napoleonic Wars. Although not specifically US Navy history, the collection nevertheless helps set the stage for understanding the conditions into which the American Navy was born. The War of 1812 loomed on the horizon, and in that war the U.S. Navy would be put to the test.
- Special Time for Midrats Episode 238: “The Horn of Africa – still the front lines, with RDML Krongard, USN” – 27 July at 2pm (EDT)
- Taking the Long View on Hispanic Immigration
- Invite: CIMSEC’s July DC Meet-Up
- Sea Control 43: RADM Rowden – Sea Control, LCS, and DDG 1000
- On Midrats 20 July 14 – Episode 237: Military Sealift Command – Past, Present and Future