Over at CIMSEC our DC chapter has monthly informal happy hour meet-ups. This month’s meet-up might be of particular interest for readers of this blog as it features USNI author LCDR Claude Berube, USNR,Â to discuss his recent War on the Rocks article and the arguments surrounding the “Global Network of Navies” concept put forth in the pages of Proceeding. We’ll be meeting atÂ Fuel Pizza (Farragut Square Location) beginning at 1730, Claude will give a brief presentation atÂ 1800, and we’ll continue the discussions over drinks and food for the next several hours.
Time: Wednesday,Â 30 July 1730-2030 (Discussion with Claude will begin at 1800)
Place:Â Fuel PizzaÂ (Ask up front if you canâ€™t find us)
1606 K St NW, Washington DC
Farragut North / Farragut West metro stops
Additional suggested reading material:
- ADMÂ Jonathan Greenert and RADMÂ James Foggo: “Forging a Global Network of Navies”
- CDR Salamander: “When Your Buzzword Becomes a Punchline”
- Robert Farley: “Managing the United States’ Global Naval Partnerships”
All are welcome â€“ RSVPs not required, but appreciated: firstname.lastname@example.org
August Meet-up: August 20th with Nilanthi Samaranayake, CNA, location TBD.
- Veterans Supporting Homeless Veterans
- A Defense of the Millennial Officer from an Old Guy
- Does Generation X Still Fit?
- Live on Midrats 17 August 2014: Episode 241: Personnel Policy and Leadership, with VADM Bill Moran, Chief of Naval Personnel
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 1: A Day in the Life of Sub Lieutenant Snodgrass