Tags: Education, officer of the watch, Royal Navy, surface warfare officers, training
Jon Paris joins us to discuss his article, The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 1: A Day in the Life of Sub Lieutenant Snodgrass. We compare the Royal Navy and US Navy processes of creating officers for their surface fleet, the nature of being a maritime “professional,” improvements for the American model, and generally gab on for about 36 minutes.
- Yours, Mine, and Moscow’s: Breaking Down Russia’s Latest Arctic Claims
- Voting (Or Lack Thereof) in the Military
- On Midrats 30 Aug 2015 – Episode 295: “NATO Goes Back to Fundamentals” With Jorge Benitez
- How Running a Nuclear Reactor Is Like Running A Movie Set
- Speech: LtCol Jess Mullen, USMC – “Where Are You Going?”